Request an SI Genetic Test Kit
Order an SI Genetic Test in High-Risk Patients:
- Genetic Sucrase Deficiency will exist in a subset of patients with low sucrase activity regardless of lactase results1
- Determine whether genetic etiology may be a factor1
- When sucrase activity is < 25 μM/min/g
- If disaccharidase assay results are not available for patients with long-term chronic diarrhea and/or abdominal pain and other common GI disorders have been excluded
- A positive genetic test supports the diagnosis of GSID. The test evaluates for the presence of 37 known pathogenic variants. A negative test result demonstrates the absence of one or more of these variants. However, other unidentified pathogenic variants may exist, so a negative test is not conclusive for absence of the disease.
The SI Genetic Test Kit Includes:
- SI Genetic Test Request Form and Patient Application & Consent Form
- Collection devices to obtain the genetic samples via swabbing of the inside of the cheek
- Instructions on proper collection and shipping of genetic samples
- Shipping materials and labels (all shipping costs are prepaid)
There is no charge to the healthcare provider or to the patient for the cost of the kit or testing.
Reference: Nichols B, Adams B, Roach C, Ma C, Baker S. Frequency of Sucrase Deficiency in Mucosal Biopsies. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2012; 55(2):S28-S30.
- The SI Genetic Test Kits should arrive within 7-10 days after a request has been submitted. If an account has previously been set-up, then allow 5 days
- Review specimen collection, preparation and transport instructions
- Complete Test Request Form and Patient Consent Form
- Obtain cheek swab samples
- Return package to LabCorp in prepaid Federal Express envelope
- Results are available within 7 business days after receipt of a sufficient genetic sample
For more information about genetic testing or the SI Genetic Test Kit, please call 1-855-736-3274.
To request an SI Genetic Test Kit, please complete the following form. SI Genetic Test Kits can only be shipped to physicians/healthcare providers. Please do NOT provide any patient information.